The Cebu Tsunami Scare: A Case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf  

Posted by soreal


It was the afternoon of February 6th. Roughly an hour after my boyfriend dropped me off to work, he called asking me to check online if there’s any news that a tsunami was triggered by this morning’s earthquake. Apparently people on the street were already in great panic because a great tsunami was coming. I checked online and there was no warning or alert issued about an approaching killer wave.

It took over an hour for the hysteria to die down. I still get agitated thinking of the stampede that happened  at SM. My heart goes out to all those who got hurt on the street trying to find a safer place and those whose stuff got looted away by shameless individuals; all because they were busy running away from the nonexistent tsunami.

Like I posted on Facebook, “If there’s anything I learned from the tsunami scare, it’s that knowledge is power.”

This reminds me of the boy who cried wolf. Only in this case, we don’t know who cried tsunami and we probably never will.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Surely,.,., I will revisit your site for additional info. Thanks for the article.
cream pemutih wajah

I like your article..it's so interesting..thanks for putting up guys :)
cara merawat wajah

hey..your article so interesting guys :)

Anonymous  

Nice article! will check back from time to time and see what's new!

Beats For Sale

Enough said with very little words, thanks for posting this.

Beats For Sale

Hope to see more posts like this here.
I completely agree with your opinion and I can say that I am part of this group!
cara merawat kulit agar awet muda

Thanks for sharing this amazing article. This one is really nice.
Read my article...
how to make money through digitize India platform.